Important Covid Information
We wanted to stress here the excellent position we find ourselves in; we have numerous new classrooms of generous size, allowing for large spacing between desks, we have large open outdoor spaces that will be used for lessons whenever possible. Our environment is ideally suited for dealing with this difficult situation in a flexible and safe way.
We have formed a committee of key staff to manage the schools continued response to COVID-19. The committee comprises: SLT (Principal and Heads of each section), members of the Administration staff, our Kitchen and cleaning Coordinator and a professional healthcare worker that will support and advise us.
Changes to the Timetable
We have made changes to the timetable for Upper Primary and Secondary:
● Lessons are now 45 minutes long.
● There are 8 lessons every day.
We have completely revised the Extra Curricular Activities Programme (ECAP) and we offer a Bubble Club service from 16:30 to 17:30.
Trips and Visits
● There will be no external trips running for the moment. We will review the situation as the year goes on.
● There will be limited trips in the local area depending on the situation. Precautions will be taken at all times and we may decide to stop a visit from happening if we feel there is a risk.
Our key aim remains that everything we do is safe, well thought through, carefully managed and adheres to current Government guidance.
In accordance with Government guidance, parents will not be allowed to enter inside the school for any reason. Children should come to school in the morning, brought by one adult, and members of the staff will greet them at the school gates.
Students will be asked for the Declaration of Authority signed by the parents for the first day of school and the first day after Christmas holidays.
Families must monitor their children’s health on a daily basis by taking their temperature before coming to school. If your son/daughter has a temperature or any other symptoms (ie dry cough, loss of taste and smell etc) of COVID-19, please ensure they don’t come to school.
● No-one in school with any symptoms of covid-19
● All staff will be tested before returning to work for the new term
● No parents or visitors in school without prior appointment
● Sanitising hands and shoes on entry to school
● Frequent hand washing throughout the day
● Good respiratory hygiene practices: “catch it, bin it, kill it”
● Regular cleaning of the School, throughout the day as well as in the evening
● Outdoor learning as much as possible and well-ventilated rooms throughout the day
● Parents and children to wait at a safe distance from other families whilst waiting for collection or drop off
● Children must not bring any toys or games to school.
● Please ensure long hair is tied back to avoid unnecessary touching of the face.
● There is no current government recommendation regarding class size, however we will always keep group sizes as low as we can. We have many large spaces both indoors and outdoors, which allows students to remain separated.
● All staff will be wearing masks.
● Children under 6 years old are not required to wear masks.
● Of course, children under 6 may wear masks if they wish to.
● Upper Primary and Secondary students must wear masks when moving around the school, between lessons and outdoors.
● Each phase will be allocated different toilets. The toilets will be cleaned regularly throughout the day. Students will be told to wash their hands before and after using the toilet.
● Hand sanitiser will be located at each entrance of the school, in the classrooms, toilets and dining room.
● All students should come in their complete uniform and the day they have PE they should come with the sports uniform from home.
● All students will be expected to be dressed smartly according to the guidelines.
Playground and buildings:
● Each year group will be allocated a differentiated space. EYFS, Primary and Secondary will only use their respective buildings and playground areas. Games and physical activities may be performed individually or in small groups to ensure physical distancing measures.
Dining room and snacks:
● All students will receive a snack at break time. This will be given to them outdoors. Students must not bring their own snacks to school but should bring a water bottle. Water drinking fountains will only be used to refill bottles.
● There will be a dining service (lunches) following the government regulations. Our new dining room has been adapted to follow the social distance guidelines and turns will be allocated so each class sits together in designated places, always supervised by our staff.
● There will be normal bus service. All students using the bus must wear a mask until arrival.
● BCG staff will take the temperature of any child who feels unwell and remove the child from their class group if they have a high temperature. They will then wait safely in isolation until they are collected from school by a parent and taken home.
Testing our staff
● Staff (Kitchen staff included) will be tested in the school before the start of the school year and after Christmas holidays.